Seeking potential race promoters
Would you and your work based runners like to be a BHAA race promoter?
Invitation – seeking expressions of interest for new BHAA races
The Dublin BHAA committee invites BHAA runners from the same work team to consider setting up a new BHAA race. Race promotion and organisation is an enjoyable and challenging activity. It could be new initiative for you and your team-mates that get personal satisfaction and event skills by adding a new race to the BHAA calendar. The BHAA race committee members would be pleased to discuss further with you.
If you want to give it a try, the minimum requirements are:
- Enthusiasm for BHAA and appreciation of its role in corporate races in the Dublin region.
- Venue to include course, accommodation for race registration, refreshments and prizes presentation.
- About 3-5 people to act as race committee and about 10-15 people to assist on race day.
- Fit into BHAA calendar and avoid clashes with major alternative race attractions.
- Availability of sufficient funds to cover the up-front race costs (expectation is to financially break-even or even raise some funds for your work running club or other suitable group)
- ‘There is no issue with two groups coming together to organise a race:
It would be great and a welcome to have new races added to our calendar.
BHAA support for new promoters
The BHAA committee and its members can assist new races by:
- Providing advice and knowledge on the finances, course set up, race promotion, event and safety management, prizes and other requirements
- BHAA web site to highlight the race and Facebook to attract potential runners
- Use its network to link new race promoters with other BHAA promoters for advice
- On-line pre-race registration
- Two meetings hosted by BHAA per year for race promoters to discuss mutual matters and provide feedback to BHAA committee.
- Why not inquire?
- At the next BHAA race, you can make inquiries with a BHAA race committee person or e-mail email@example.com
Paul O Connell, Chairperson,